If you want to become successful, then you will have to become a unique, outstanding, or even revolutionary artist.
THEREFORE YOU WILL NEED TO DEVELOP YOU OWN UNIQUE AND AUTHENTIC SOUND AND STYLE.
Which basically means two things:
- You cannot sound like any other artist.
- Your sound must be both consistent and recognizable.
Which again means that you will have to do the following:
- Create your own niche. You may achieve this by selecting a genre, by merging subgenres, and mixing everything with original (and maybe even new) ideas.
- Find a way to make your vocals sound unique. And the solution cannot be pitch correction here.
- Fine-tune your instrument sound. This includes the kind of instruments you’ll use, the sound you will create (amplification & synths for example), and the way you will play your instruments.
- Improve the atmosphere your sound shall create. This again will be influenced by your voice, your instruments and amps, the way you play, plus all kinds of effects you may use.
If you carefully do all of this, then you’ll end up being a unique sounding artist.