Now that you know what genre you’ll do and that you have been working hard on your own sound in order to become really unique, you’ll have to further work on your image and identity.
Chances are high that you haven’t completed the sound development stage yet, but this doesn’t matter as you may continue with this task even if you will already be working on your new songs or on your future graphic designs.
In this subchapter we will focus on …
- your identity, and what you stand for,
- your artist or stage name (no matter if you’re a solo artist or a band),
- your initial web presence,
- font(s) you will be using,
- your logo (optional, but often a good idea),
- colors you’ll use,
- your look and visual style, as well as on
- your photos and your biography.
All of this will be part of your brand, if you want. If you don’t know what a brand is, here’s a short definition: